If you buy fine wine regularly and need somewhere to store it, we offer a fully managed service in conjunction with our warehouse partners, London City Bond, the UK’s leading specialist wine storage facility.
If you choose to store with us we will take care of the paperwork, setting you up with a nominee-account managed by Philglas & Swiggot. Benefits include:
- Secure storage, under cellar conditions, protected from changes in temperature, light, humidity and movement at one of the UK’s leading bonded warehouses.
- Under bond storage – only pay duty and VAT if and when you withdraw your wines.
- Highly competitive case storage rates.
- Regular statements tracking the latest market value of your wine.
- Insurance at replacement value included.
- Add or remove wines at any time.
London City Bond – Creek Road
Our UK storage facility is located at LCB Creek Road which is part of the LCB network. This HMRC-approved warehouse is the ideal location to store wines on our customer’s behalf. All fine wines are insured at full replacement value.
London City Bond Ltd
Unit 61-64 Creek Road
Excise number: GB00001551728
Warehouse keeper number: GBWK506829337
Costs Of Storage
There is no charge for opening a storage account. Once customers’ wines have been transferred into their account, charges for storage are invoiced retrospectively every six months. The charge is £3 (ex-vat) per stock item up to 4.5ltr equivalent (6 bottles) and £6 (ex-vat) for up to 9ltr equivalent (12 bottles).
Bi-annual cellarage and insurance charge (exc. VAT)
- £3.00 – up to 4.5ltr case/equivalent & below (6 bottle case, single bottles, 3 bottle case)
- £6.00 – up to 9ltr case/equivalent (12 bottle case/6 magnum case)
Transferring your wines to Philglas & Swiggot
Customers are encouraged to consolidate their wines from other storage accounts to store with us in Bond. Firstly you will need to create an account on our website or ask us to assist you. Send the list of wines to be transferred including vintage, pack size, duty status (in-bond or duty paid), case type (OWC, OCC, RP) and quantity to email@example.com. You must also send a copy of the original invoice relating to each wine purchase to be transferred, so we can verify the provenance.
Once received, we will confirm when the stock can be delivered to London City Bond. The delivery of stock is at the customers cost. There is no additional charge for accepting stock into a P&S storage account.